Galileo has written an excellent blog about Nazism. As he points out, some of its characteristics are similar to what we are facing in America today. – Burkasrugly
The German people were said to be carefree and happy in the 20s; enjoying the freedom of a republican form of government and a booming economy. The Golden Twenties, it was called. Then came the pain of the Great Depression, and with it, Hitler’s opportunity. What followed was the nightmare of Hitler’s National Socialist Movement, or Nazism. Here is a list of some of it’s characteristics and policies. Some may sound disturbingly familiar.
* Heavy regulation on private business
* Demonization of wealthy business owners
* Gun control legislation (Nazi Weapon Act)
* Vilification of Jews, Anti-Semitism
* Legalized murder of innocent life
* Cozy relationship with radical Muslims like Haj Amin al Husseini
* Schools brought from local control to central control
* Text books rewritten, history falsified
* Academic standards fell as education became propaganda
* Labor unions became tools of the state
* News and entertainment became propaganda tools
* Freedom of speech only for those loyal to National Socialism
* Use of slander and false accusations to intimidate opposition
* Problems and crises invented and used as excuses for more power grabs
* Laws disregarded, Hitler became the law
* Bible banning, removal of crosses (30 point program for the National Reich Church)
* Attempts to prevent criticism from the pulpit, only a “positive Christianity” allowed.
* Immorality – Author and historian, William Shirer wrote of Hitler in his book, “Rise and Fall of The Third Reich”, “He who was so monumentally intolerant by his very nature, was strangely tolerant of one human condition-a man’s morals. No other party in Germany came near to attracting so many shady characters. As we have seen, a conglomeration of pimps, murderers, homosexuals, alcoholics and blackmailers flocked to the party as if to a natural haven. Hitler did not care, as long as they were useful him.”
This list could easily describe America and the direction in which we are trending. National Socialism led Germany to political oppression, a holocaust, and defeat. So, where are those who hate our republic leading us? Probably a similar train wreck and only God knows who all stands ready to take advantage of it. Turn to God, pray for mercy, get a backbone, and get involved.
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.